Sunday 6 December 2009

Fear and trembling

Terror and tremor. Yes, I am aware I am calling the name of Søren in vain.
But I am amazed at how the US stock market managed NOT to rally strongly on what were, at least by my humble measure, some bloody surprisingly good payrolls numbers, especially  given that previous 2 months were revised as well. 
In fact, they look good enough to make me seriously want to reconsider the view, now longly held, that the economy is rolling over (e.g. second derivative negative), leading to problems early next year.
It is just one number, among several others which point in the opposite direction, but an important one, so it has to be taken seriously.
I can't say that I have turned bullish (yet): but I do want to re assess and re evaluate... when the facts change... 


In the meantime, all thanks go to my historian friend who plugged my memory hole, and corrected my ignorance of philosophy. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment